Edmund Rice Camps Victoria
About the business
In July 2018 Oceania Province of the Christian Brothers established Edmund Rice Ministries Oceania (ERMO) to have oversight of fourteen ministries around Oceania that look to the life and example of Edmund Rice as their inspiration. Edmund Rice Camps Victoria is one of these vital ministries that makes a difference in the lives of youth and children.
About the role
Under the direction of the ERMO Executive Officer, the EO Camps Victoria will provide oversight and operational leadership to ensure the smooth and effective running of much needed camp programs which make a significant and meaningful contribution in the lives of children and young people experiencing disadvantage and adversity.
Duties include but are not limited to –
• Strategic planning and implementation
• Oversight and leadership of local Camp Ministry day to day operations
• Management of staff and volunteer teams
• Finance and budget management
• Implementation of the Risk Management plan
• Compliance and Governance
• Work with the Local Ministry Board
• Provide regular reports to the ERMO Executive Officer
1. Values & Principles
Demonstrated experience in aligning with organisation values and principles
Willingness to align with the ethos and mission of Edmund Rice Ministries Oceania
2. Strategic Direction & Implementation
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the issues for children, young people and families facing complex adversity.
Sound experience in grant writing and track record of achieving funding through grant applications, corporate sponsorships and/or campaigning and donor appeals
Management experience with funding, finance, staff and governance
Experience building relationships with existing stakeholders and developing new networks for ongoing funding and support
3. Interpersonal Engagement
Experience in leading and developing an organisational culture based on respectful relationship and celebrating individual skills and contributions.
Experience working successfully at a Senior level.
Demonstrates interpersonal skills to positively engage with children, young people and young adults and different contexts and cultures.
4. Volunteer Service
Experience in creating a culture of risk attentiveness, vigilance and responsiveness to the needs of children and/or volunteers and staff
5. Service Management
Creates and produces impactful digital content across website, social media, newsletters and all digital communication.
Demonstrates ability to work in a consultative, cooperative and supportive team environment with staff and/or volunteers.
Demonstrates report writing and presentation skills including the preparation of financial reports and budgets.
Skills and experience
Person Specification/ Qualifications
• Minimum Bachelor Degree related to Community development, Social welfare, Counselling or other relevant area
• Minimum 3 years' experience working in a similar role including leadership, oversight of team and management responsibilities
• Driven to enhance own professional development
• Working with Children clearance
• Current unrestricted Drivers licence
• Apply First Aid certificate
• Willingness and ability to travel from time to time
• Willingness to work flexible hours in order to meet the demands of the role including weekend and evening work.
The position is full-time and for a maximum term of three years including a 6 month probation period and commencing April 2020.
For a copy of the position description or a confidential discussion about the role, contact the HR Department on 03 8359 0117 or email email@example.com
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter addressing the Professional Competencies addressed to:
The Executive Officer – ERMO - to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail Attention HR: P.O. Box 851 Parkville VIC 3052.
Applications close 10:00pm (AEST) 9th March 2020.
ERMO is a child safe organisation, committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults and has zero-tolerance of any abuse.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted